Anti-Slip Stair Nosing
Anti-Slip Stair Nosing and Treads
Many slips and falls happen on stair cases. Either due to a slippery stair treads or to poor visibility of the tread. To eliminate slips, trips and falls, the ideal solution is to install a contrasting, anti-slip stair nosing strip. Australian Standard AS 1428 covers the safety norms for stair tread nosing and safety requirements.
Stair Nosing Requirements
- Visual contrast of at least 30% when set against the original stair tread surface.
- The strip must be between 50mm and 75mm wide. It must be set back from the tread/riser intersection by no more than 15mm.
Slip Resistance for Stair Treads
Stair treads also need to meet the required slip-resistance rating conform AS 4586-2013. For example, interior stairs need to reach a P3 slip-rating, whereas outdoor stairs require a P4 Slip-Rating.
Swiss GriP Non-Slip provides the ideal solution to make stair treads compliant. Our durable coating are available in a range of colours as well as clear finish and are easy to install.
Swiss GriP Demarcation Coating
Swiss GriP Non-Slip Demarcation paints are the perfect solution to create safe stair treads. Our innovative coatings is a water-based, dual component coating. Therefore, is easy and fast to install. Moreover, it is a cost efficient solution compared to stair treads nosing.
- Visibility: Creates excellent contrast on all surfaces
- Colour Options: Available in black, yellow and white. Other colours are available on request
- Slip Resistant: Certified by CSIRO with a P4/P5 slip-rating
- Active Adhesion: Can be applied to tiles, ceramics, marble, wood, epoxy, and concrete
- Cost efficient – Five times cheaper compared to stair noising treads*
Swiss GriP Solutions
Contact us today for a free consultation or quote. We reply within 24 hours.