Non-Slip Stair Treads
New developments need to meet the Australian Standard AS 1428, which covers safety norms for stair tread nosing. In Volume One of the National Construction Code, a stairway is defined as two or more steps used in pedestrian travel.
Safety criteria for stair treads
- Contrast of at least 30% when set against the stair tread surface.
- The strip must be between 50mm and 75mm wide. It must be set back from the tread/riser intersection by no more than 15mm.
Property owners or managers have the duty of care to ensure pedestrians do not become involved in a slipping or tripping accident as a result of his/her negligence. Comply with the standards by using the Swiss GriP Safety Floor Coating.
Swiss GriP Demarcation Paints
Swiss GriP NonSlip Demarcation paints are the perfect solution to create safe stair treads. Our coating is based on a fast drying single component coating. Therefore, is easy and fast to install. Moreover, it is a cost efficient solution compared to stair treads nosing.
- Visibility: Creates excellent contrast on all surfaces
- Colour Options: Available in black, yellow and white. Other colours are available on request
- Slip resistant: Certified by CSIRO with a P5 slip-rating
- Active Adhesion: Can be applied to tiles, ceramics, marble, wood, epoxy, and concrete*
- Cost efficient – Five times cheaper compared to stair noising treads*